Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Timeout for the Timeless

Originally when I started writing this, I was going to talk about the fruitless notion of taking a ,"timeout", and how it plays against our personal growth in real life situations. But instead I want to talk about a type of timeout that we all need to take. For when you take time out of your schedule for people that matter, it can never be fruitless. In fact, if they are truly valuable people in your life, you may find it to be fulfilling in ways you never imagined. Today was a perfect example of this. 

Despite having work to do, I decided to have dinner with a friend that I hadn't seen in a while. She is someone who, from day one, has always been a supporter of my dreams and goals . She is also someone who with angelic ease is able to remind me about one of the biggest gifts I've been given in this life- people like her. And it is people like that, who truly love and care about you, that are worth making time for; due to the sheer fact that they are timeless treasures. Treasures that will provide a positive presence for you to be around. Treasures that will give you respect regardless of where you are in life. Treasures that deserve to be treasured. 

How does this apply to time management?

When you are planning out how to use your time, it can be easy to forget the factors that are timeless essentials. The things in life that add seasoning and spirit to the activities you are engaging in. These are things that you can not put a price on, a label on, or a time on. These are what I call timeless treasures. More on this topic to come.

The Movement Continues...
- Rhetorical Artz   

No comments:

Post a Comment