Saturday, June 19, 2010

My Concern to Learn

My biggest concern in college is that my learning will end there. 
 That the environment which has provided me a place to think, feel, and grow will be taken from me; leaving no educational or spiritual  bread crumbs for me to feed the soul and mind with once I've left. To not be able to stop and look up to the sky, to not be able to skip class and cruise along the pathway of my inner paradise, and to not be able to spend days immersed in inspirational and insightful ideas would be a life of sire madness. For the business of ideas is the profession that I have prepared myself for. I have studied it, practiced it, and proclaimed it in such a way that the very lifestyle has seemed to develop a voice of its own. A voice which guides my own inner voyage on it's soulful sea.

My biggest concern in college is that learning will end there   
I believe that a purpose which college serves is to help see what we want to do in the supposed "real world". Yet I find that it's very activity of searching is what I want to do as a career. That the lifestyle of which I can address the struggles that plague us is such a magnificent thing. Why can't I live a life of which I investigate  ideas? In a world where so much is being lost, where economic downturn is drowning people in doubt and uncertainty, is not new ideas something that we need the most? Is a career in spreading ideas not something that can pay the bills? Somehow it will be. It must be. At least for me.

My biggest concern in my career is that learning will end there
So than what is to become of these ideas. Do they get tossed in the trash as nice thoughts; recycle into my old college dump sites, never to be dug up in desperate times such as these. Do I enter this world and its' "workforce?" What is it that this workforce is working for ultimately I don't know. All that know is that it is not the work for me. One does not have to break there leg to know it's not something good to do. One does have to get into a car crash to know that it is something that should be avoided. So I have avoided that end will everything I've possessed. Yet I feel this end approaching, as the sun rises out of its' sleep. 

My biggest concern with my career is that the learning ends here.
It is my senior year in college. After this year I have to figure out where I want to go from here. Yet what I find myself doing here is where I want to go. As I sit here at 5:53, woken up by thoughts and ideas that inject themselves into me life a serum to my soul. A serum which stops the infection of pointless pursuits from taking place. A serum that has shutdown my survival instinct, and stimulated my thrival instincts. For my desire to thrive is not a desire to complete a calling, but a desire to commit to a calling. A calling that I find no degree for, no internship that invites it, no job that gestures toward it.

A calling that has captured me from when I was child. 
A calling filling my life with surprise and smiles.
A calling which enables my spirit to speak. 
A calling which puts joy in arms reach.
A calling which enters the center of self
And creates a world around me and everyone else
That give me a chance to advance my being 
To building the things that my soul has been seeing
A calling that is of the highest concern
A calling for ideas...
Which allows me...
To learn 

The Movement Continues...
Rhetorical Artz

The video below talks about education through creativity in an excellent way.

No comments:

Post a Comment