Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Time is Money: Killing two birds with one stone

For years I have been handling my finances the way a big dogs deal with food in front of their faces. The minute money is put on my plate I eat it all away and then moan for more. Similarly, time management has been close to non-existent in my life. I may be on time for a week or so before I trip into the ever present hole in my way called "distraction and diversion". So whenever I heard the saying, "time is money", you can imagine my reaction. It looked something like the cartoons where character A turns away from character B for a second only to find the smoky outline of character B when they turned back around. Just dealing with time or money alone was enough to send me to hills, but to deal with both would sent me away from this planet.

However, I now realize that this phrase "time is money", may meet me half way in potentially mastering both of them. Because what the statement reveals is that if I just work on one of those things, then I will also develop the other. So I have decided to test this old saying to see if it is really true or not. I have chosen to work on my time management for the next 31 days. I will document it once everyday in what will be called "The 24/7 Series"(24 + 7 = 31 for those who, like me, aren't math people). You can find this update in my posting schedule.

At the end of this series we shall out if time really is indeed money. I will start this series tomorrow. If you are someone who struggles with one or both of these to crucial life skills, be sure to stay in-tuned with the series as it progresses. 

The Movement Continues,
- Rhetorical Artz         


No comments:

Post a Comment