Monday, June 7, 2010

Journey to Shore

About 5 fingers...
And a million miles below the sea 
I looked up and saw a way to set my mind free
So I floated out of the bottom-less hole of watery despair
That I realized only because of me was still there

Up I floated 
Past the self-analytical seaweed
And watched those who were tangled in them beg and plead
For someone or something to get them what they thought they would need
So that they can rise up and succeed

But because no one could do the requested deed
The fishes became the only success they would feed 
As they drowned 
And into to bottomless hole they went down
But up I still floated through the present here and the now

Up and up and up I went
Past a sinking ship
Where I could see all the devastating dents
And the sails that had been ripped
Yet three passengers still held on 
With a resilient grip
Through the flow of the water out flowed of each of there thoughts
All with similar symptoms as if it was a disease that they all had caught
The first one said:
"The ship has sunk because of me"
"I don't deserve to be above the water where I'm free"
"So I will go down with the ship that I helped build"
"May this self-fulfilling prophesy be fulfilled
And with that last thought the first one died
Without giving "moving on" a good try

That was when the second one said:
"Dis damn ship sunk because of them!"
"I am surrounded by stupidity again and again"
"But what can I do, their all my friends"
And on that thought he died
With a self-made dead end

The third one then looked at his friends all confused
And said "why would you just give up like that and lose"
Oh no I refuse to go down that way to
Yet he took no real action
So death 
Is what he decided to do

Upon getting closer to the ship began to see
That the three passengers who had drowned looked exactly like me
So I swam over to them
Making sure their eyes had gratefully closed
And then up above them I rose

And up and up I went with a new found purpose
Until suddenly it seemed I shot up and smashed through the surface
And for about minute my mouth touched the clarity-filled air
Until the waves of my will crashed into me saying "you can't stop here"
"You absolutely can not rest 
Until you've reached successes shore
You've yet still given it your very best
But your almost there 
Just a little more"
And with a push of those waves off I began
To swim towards these beautiful lands
And when I finally reached there I toke a grip of it's sand in my hand
Looked to the sky with a smile and started to stand

I stood up in!...

What seemed to be my bed
To find upon my desk a journal that said:
"To all who have read this
And see what this journey captures
With your 5 fingers
Go grasp the success that your after"

The Movement Continues...
Rhetorical Artz





No comments:

Post a Comment