Sunday, November 7, 2010

In Those Moments

It's about 2:15 in the morning and I am still wide awake. Wide awake by a thought that I all too often fail to convey. In my pursuit to empower myself and others, in my pursuit to spread positivity through the stories I tell, and in my quest to live life in the most authentic way possible, I have come to a much needed realization:
Life is hard. It's not a fairy tale where everything works out in the end exactly how you want it to. For most people, days are spent more on trying to get by then on trying to "reach for the skys". And that is truly understandable. For there are millions and billions of people in the world (including me) who right now are barely able to carry the scars and strife and struggles that they have already. So how can anyone who holds so much muck within their everyday life, possibly strive for better when their hands are already so full as it is?

I know personally that- despite the pains, setbacks, hurts, and hardships I have faced in my young life- there is one thing that drives me forward for more than what life seems to be throwing at us. It is the one thing inside me (other than what I believe to be a spirit from above) that I keep coming back to. It is currently nothing more than a deeply embedded idea, and the idea is this (prepare for the some night redundancy):

That if we can create and hold on to the opportunities we get for a few great moments in our lives to occur- moments where we are in our element, moments when we can feel our mind, heart, soul, and spirit come together to fully form (even for a second) a snapshot of our true selves- that we can move through life in a way that is truly fulfilling. I don't believe that we need many of these moments. But to have just a few of them- even one of them- and to really appreciate them when they appear, is enough for a truly enjoyable existence.

The next online endeavor that I'll soon be embarking upon ( M.Powered! Ideaz) deals with this very notion. M.Powered! Ideaz is going to be a site dedicated to exploring ideas that give people the power to positively move forward towards a fulfilling life. The ultimate aim is to provide an online space that serves as a opportunity for you to develop, find, and fine tune these types of idea into a way of life. Because with so much crap that we have to face in this place that we call earth, it's almost impossible to thrive, strive, or even survive without something to hold on to. So if you have to hold on to something, it might as well be something that gives you the power to move. Something that enables you to do what you love, making a meaningful living, and make an uplifting impact on yourself and those around you.

That is what an M.Powered Idea can do, and that is what I hold on to within each and every day. And I hope that in your own life, that you can hold on to something like that too.

The Movement Continues...
- Rhetorical Artz

No comments:

Post a Comment