Friday, November 12, 2010

Who I am

"I Love life" can sum up my overall approach to the day to day. Beyond that I feel like I was brought into this world to inspire beauty and authenticity in the lives of everyone I meet (even the ones I never do meet). I want to empower people to pursue a lifestyle where they can do what they love, make a meaningful living, and make a positive difference in the world around them (everyone has their own way of doing that, just have to discover it). In short, I WANT TO INSPIRE PEOPLE TO PURSUE THEIR DREAMS!!!


Everything I do in life as a speaker, slam poet, writer, emcee, entrepreneur, and cause consultant has that mission in mind. Ultimately I am a storyteller, and my other "professions' coupled with my God given talents/gifts are the vehicles that I use to tell creatively compelling stories with. Stories that go beyond the single human experience, to connect with the shared human experience in a way that empowers and enriches people.


Beyond that I am a Goof-ball with one of the biggest silly switches known to man. One second I may be talking seriously, but blink and I will be rolling on the ground cracking up over the littlest thing (I am easily amused). I am a big believer that the measurement of making the best out of the life we have been given can often be determined by how much we laugh on a daily basis.

I have been known to not be a night time person or a daytime person but an all the time person, a title I hold proudly. Energy is most certainly not an enemy of mine. In fact if you would like some, come talk to me and I would be glad to give you some( through sometimes my energy level can overwhelming).

I love new and innovative ideas (and just ideas in general) in any areas of study, profession, or philosophy of living. I love them so much that I have decided to live out my personal and professional life in the world, art, and business of ideas! That said I am also I big idealist. I believe that people are fundamentally good, and will believe that regardless of how many times I am (and have been) hurt because of it. Part of being an adult is choosing the problems we want, and I don't want one of my problems in life being unable to trust the love that rest within all of us. But that belief doesn't mean that I will necessarily will work with you, or be your best friend. I can love and believe in people from a distance, especially if you give off negative or malicious energy.

Last thing I promise. My goal is to never have a job, but a passion or calling instead. Well not entirely true. Their is one job that I will embrace with open arms and that is being a dad and husband. Don't think anything can be more rewarding than that.

So yeah, that's about it. I didn't plan to make this so long, but hey, I love to talk, I love people, and I love you (whoever you are).

No comments:

Post a Comment