Saturday, November 13, 2010

Introducing Rhetorical Artz- The Swordsman

It's the power of the pen
The only sword that I weild
Never yield to those who suggest I should be using a shield
Used to use the eraser as if it was a sheath
To conceal the things I would feel that were hidden beneath
The commercial appeal, aka the armor I had
That would slow down my emotions; happy, angry, or sad
Since then I've shed the armor and sheath, to increase my speed
For I realized the sword is the only real item I need
Most people use armor and sheaths so they don't get cut
The armor and sheath gives them room for tons of "if's" and "but's"
But see the only way to truly push your pain off the ledge
Is to openly show your blade
And be cut by it's double edge
Cause it's not fair to cut others if you don't know how that feels
You can't slice into someones soul
While the slice in your soul's concealed
So may the blade you wield bare witness to the truths in your sight
That way you can never say you weren't right in what you write
IN A SWORDSMAN'S LIFE
The Movement Continues at...
- Rhetorical Artz

No comments:

Post a Comment