Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Will of the Written Word

I initially meant to just write this to my brother Alex, but it felt so great after expressing it that I decided to post it. So here it is. The reason why I write...


I realize why I want to write. In my inner adventurous life of magic and mystery, dragons and witches, bullshit and barriers to entry into the promise land, the pen has always been my most trusted companion. It is the historian that will recount my life when I leave this rock (can't wait, but I digress). The reason that I write is because it is one of the very few times when I can focus on the present moment. Where I can forget about my own existence and complete focus all my being into something with a vigor that vanquishes all variables of fear and enables me to vanish from the very thought of myself.  That "in the zone" moment momentarily moves me into a place and space that is out of space; a space and time that is timeless. When I write, everything- other than the vision of the beauty inside- is no more, and I can finally just be in an absolutely concentrated state of freedom. Even writing about myself is not myself writing, but the pen providing a perspective of it's own on myself while I am not present in my own mind. Which is the best thing about it. I am not there to criticize, so whether what I write is bad or good or even whether your reading this or not, it truly matters not. For when I write I return to the core of creation, the core of existing without resisting, the core of the uninterrupted me. As one writer and thinker to another, my brother, if freedom from the frivolous is all you want to know then writings the way to go and let go.  
The movement continues...
- Rhetorical Artz

P.S. I was inspired by the essay Why Write? by Alan Shapiro. If this interests you, click the link below: http://dbrookshire.blogspot.com/2009/07/why-do-i-write-alan-shapiro.html

No comments:

Post a Comment