Sunday, April 24, 2011

Waving

I stand in the ocean waters of a Florida beach
one arm wide open
the other arm...
waving
waiting for that special wave to wash me in

I'm body surfing
and when your body's surfing
it can't just take any old wave
it has the be the right one
that comes in at the right time


In the past
whenever I would go body surfing at the beach
their was a feeling I got
just before the right wave would rise up
from the stomach of the sea
so when I saw it
I didn't have to wait and determine
if the wave was great or not
I just knew


Cause when I would body surf
I could close my eyes and connect with the ocean
as I became one with the water
and in that moment
me and the Ocean were married
and the waves
were our sons and daughters
and the clouds
became my rich step-father
that would shower us with money
whenever we were broke
so that our family wouldn't evaporate
due to a bad economy


When I would body surf
I could open my mind and connect with the ocean
as I became one with the water
when that moment came
me and the Ocean were married
raising tidal waves of sons and daughters
who would wash me away
in the joy of seeing them grow
as they'd go into the lands of their adult lives
submerging the world in smiles, love, and laughter
giving boats of people hopes something to float on
even those who were land locked
in the feeling that all was lost


All this at the cost...
of a couple early gray hairs


So I stand here
one arm wide open
with the other arm
waving
waiting for the day that I can marry the Ocean
and open wide
with all our passion and emotion inside
waves of sons and daughters
given from the heavens above


It hasn't happen yet
but when it does come
and I get that feeling that the family body of water
of my wife, daughters, and sons are approaching

I'll stand there
one arm wide open
and with the other arm
waving...

The Movement Continues...
- Rhetorical Artz

No comments:

Post a Comment