Monday, April 25, 2011

Walking: Not of this World

A role model of mine said to learn to be in the world but not of it
I think of that as I walk the world today in awe of what’s beneath my feet
and everything well above it

There’s a purpose for today's walk
as I am in search of a summit
Where I can submit whatever in my life amiss
before what is amiss in my life makes me plummet

And it’s in the process of finding my way to this summit
that the world began to honestly admit
the way that some people today exist


The first thing the world showed me was a women
walking out of her apartment dressed to impress her fellow worker bees
As she walks by I say good morning and hi
but she is to busy
and in to much of a hurry
to even look me in the eye and reply
So instead of saying hi
she gives me a slight apathetic wave
and continues on her way into the maze of the rat race.

Now did I miss something or is something out of place?
Maybe for to long my mind has been in outer-space
cause it seems out of this world to me
that she was in such a state that she couldn’t stop and elevate her eyes to mine
and find it within her to smile and say “good morning, good day,”
or in any other way conveys the slightest value of another persons existence

Our interaction was only a few seconds
but those few seconds made stop a second
and listen to a world that beckons to be heard
thus as I continued onward
I made a point listen to the worlds words


Because a role model of mine said to learn to be in the world but not of it
I think of that as I walk the world today
in awe of what’s beneath my feet and everything well above it

There’s a purpose for today's walk as I am in search of a summit
Where I can submit
whatever in my life amiss
before what is amiss in my life
makes me plummet

And it’s in the process of
finding my way to this summit
that the world began to admit
the way that some people today exist


The next thing this world showed me was a man of about 5.3,
who woke up angry that he had to clean a pool
instead of being in school
and you could tell by the look in his face that this wasn’t cool

Yet he was not drowning so much in his pity party drool
that he couldn’t stop smile and open the pool for me.

Oh sorry their is a gap in the story, lets me go back and fill that in:
After fighting Rudmongors through the forest of apartmentia,
crossing the plains of pissoffius,
and flying on top of a dragon up to mt. Poolantis
I arrived at the submit where the Pool Orgor Guarding the Gaint gate,
after explaining my epic journey,
let me in, enabling me to begin to write the worlds words down.

So flash forward to now

Now this guy had been cleaning and fixing this overflowing pool since 5 this morning
while we are all snoring
picking and pulling out it’s dirt and leaves
while relieving it of an overabundance in water

I guess it’s not always true that the early bird catches the worm
because not a single worm of wisdom or revelation squirmed in this worthless water
So why even bother go to work?

The truth hit me in a flash so fast that it hurt

That this guy had to do what he had to do,
to do what it was he wanted to do
Thus for the sake of his dreams and goals
he was glad to do anything
to get everything
and that’s when everything came full circle

that this guy, and that woman, as well as me
are in the same world just trying to be
something

And it wasn’t that that saw me and saw nothing
but that her dreams and goals
were gathered together in where she was going
in that moment

That’s why instead of using the energy to say hey to me,
she was using that energy
to prepare herself for where she was going to be eventually
which may not be where she necessarily wants to be right now in her life...

Or shoot,
maybe she just didn’t notice me saying hi!

But regardless...
It was on this road to the submit I saw darkness,
but upon arrival to that summit I saw light
A darkness came from within the world,
but the light was not of it
for the light that lit the light bulb of this bright idea came from a place well above this

So as I come down from the summit to submit to you these words
I hope you receive them in the world
but not of it
In a way you never before,
have heard...

The Movement Continues...
- Rhetorical Artz

No comments:

Post a Comment