Saturday, September 24, 2011

Finding an inner way

  As I reflect on my path today, I find myself better able to distinguish what I have done in the past that was coming from the inside, and what I have done that was coming from the outside. Coming from the outside has been these expectations to do things a certain way(spiritually, intellectually, professionally, and artistically) that have cajoled me to push myself in directions(by choice) that did not match up with where I was in those given present moments. As a result, many projects that I have started have came out unfinished. The few projects that were implemented and completed felt forced and unnatural. 
I thought it often had to do with my ideas being incomplete. But I now see that is not completely the case(As a type that I just have to laugh. For I am completely understanding and making peace with my own incompleteness in this moment in time). I now recognize that it wasn't that my ideas were incomplete as much as it was that I was incomplete in my pursuit of them. 

  For one to fully express themselves, it is not enough for what they are expressing to be essentially who they are, but the way and energy in which they express it must also represent who they are at the essence. In the spirit of application, I am now coming into an integrated understanding of a) what I want to express at the core of me, b) how I best express it, and  c) the condition I need to be in and/or the energy I need to bring in order to fully express it. 

  What it is, how to do it, and the condition it needs to be done in: These are the 3 elements to expressing the essence of who you are. Without them in tact, one is farther from their real self, and closer to the unreal identity often illustrated and encourage by the world around us. Let us come into being us. 

The Movement Continues...
- Rhetorical Artz 

No comments:

Post a Comment