Friday, August 19, 2011

Upcoming Project Announcement: The Bur Words Campaign

"Empty your cup so that it may be filled; become devoid to gain totality."
Bruce Lee

I know it has been a while since I have posted anything. For those who follow this blog I am sorry about that, but I have needed to step away from blogging for a while. I believe that the best blogs are the ones that express how one is personality living life. So I'd say that it's kind of important that one is living life in order to blog(just my opinion). That is just what I have been doing, and I can tell you that I now have a ton of stories to share with you all. However... I'm not going to share those right now! I'm unfortunately gonna have to hold off until September for those stories to be shared, and speaking of September...

I am working on a project that will start then which I 'm definitely and completely pumped about. The reason I'm so excited about this project is 3-tiered.

For the past few years I have been creating a lot of stuff(poems, raps, stories, quotes, etc) that I have not been able to figure out how to fully spread around. At the same time, I have a couple creative endeavors that I want to get started on, yet I have all of this art sitting in the basement of my notebooks, Google documents, and in my own head that has been screaming to be released. While you would think that notebooks and Google documents wouldn't be able to make much noise, you'd be surprised how loud they can be in your mind. It also doesn't help that all the people around me who know me and have been exposed to my art keep asking me the question "so when are you performing" or "where can I go to hear or see more?" In addition to this, their are some creative folks out there that I have been dying to collaborate with.
Sooooooooo, I figured that in order to a) fully focus my energies on the creative endeavors I desire to focus on, b) give what I've previously created the spotlight it deserves, and c) reach out to the artist and other talented people that have wanted to work with that I would have do something to hit 3 birds with one stone.

So here's my really big stone.


From the month of SeptemBUR to decemBUR I will be the starting a 4 month project that I call BUR WORDS. Every week I will, at the least, be releasing a song, a spoken word piece, and a straight-up story of sorts via online and in live performances around the Pittsburgh area. Whether you are a supporter of my art, a potential collaborator on the project, or both I'll be looking for your help. I am seeking visual artist, emcees, poets, producers, audio and/or visual recording engineers, photographers, dancers, musicians, and last but not least A STREET TEAM TO SPREAD THE WORD!

If your interested in helping with the project in any of these areas, please contact me @ rhetoricalartz@gmaill.com or hit me up on Facebook, and I will send you more details on how you can participate in the project. I can't wait for this project to start!

The Movement Continues...
- Rhetorical Artz




No comments:

Post a Comment